Sunday, July 29, 2012

Six Years Ago!

As I am sitting here, I am just remembering.  Remembering how amazing this day was 6 years ago.  I have had a lot of amazing days, but this one stands out.  It could not have gone better if I had actually been able to plan it out, step by step, minute by minute.

I just re-read a post from another site.  It was the birth story. And it just brings me to tears.  It was amazing!  We were at home, just Kel and I, as it was the bigs' weekend with their other parents.  And from the moment I woke up, the entire day was amazing.  We rested, we took walks, we snacked, we napped, we watched Titanic, all while tracking my contractions. 

I remember when I got the go ahead to start pushing, and then when they told me to reach down and feel his head. It was all wrinkly, and I remember thinking it felt like one of those Sharpe puppies.  And then the next push, he was out, and before his first breath, we were completely and utterly head over heals in love with this little boy.  They laid him on my chest, and it was just amazing.  Seeing him, holding him, hearing his cry.  Just absolutely amazing! 











Guess who is 6 years old today?!!




HAPPY 6th BIRTHDAY
GRYFINN MADDOX!!

We love you so much buddy!  And everyday with you,
from day one, is amazing!

2 comments:

K J and the kids said...

Look how little they all look together ! VERY sweet.
I can't stand how awesome that picture of him with his thumb pointing to himself is.
Happy Birthday little man !

Alessi Family said...

Kids grow too fast, time goes by too quickly. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!